Translate

Monday 8 December 2014

Wonder Literary Essay

In Wonder by R.J. Palacio, Auggie changes by not caring that people would hate his face like he did B.S. (Before School). I know this because the book literally says on pg. 307, "And for the first time I can remember, I wasn't even thinking about my face." This proves that Auggie changed throughout the story. I remember in one part of the book that the 8th grader said "Whoa!" when he saw Auggie's face and Auggie and Jack started cracking up. At the beginning of the book, Auggie is really afraid to go to school because he thought everybody would bully him because of his face. But at the end of the book, Auggie thinks it doesn't matter that SOME people (a.k.a. Julian Albans) didn't like him because of his face.


Kevyn M. Roessler

No comments:

Post a Comment