Translate

Monday 8 December 2014

The Winter Fantasy

"I'm able by means of a secret charm..." I heard the first solo song of the Pied Piper as I walked to the backstage of the Michigan Opera Theatre stage. I was going to be in the MOTCC concert A Winter Fantasy with the Michigan Opera Theatre Children's Chorus (I'm in the MOTCC).  After doing a ton of rehearsal, we were just about to start the fist song which was with the MOTCC Preparatory Chorus and it was called: We Gather Here Together. After, the MOTCCPC (Michigan Opera Theatre Children's Chorus Preparatory Chorus) went backstage but since I was in the principal chorus, we stayed on and sang Wake me a Song, The Pied Piper parts 1-8, This Little Light of Mine, and Little David, Play on Your Harp before we went out and the Prep Chorus went on. They sang 4 songs I don't know, and 2 songs that I did know from my 1st year in the Prep Chorus (I was in Prep for 2 years before this year, my 1st year in principal). They were Come Along and Dance and Evening Prayer.  Then, a group of girls from the Principal Chorus sang a song called Dome Epais. Then, everybody in the principal chorus came out and sang Avec la Garde Montante, an excerpt from the opera Carmen. Next up was a song called 2 French Noels. After that we sang a gospel song called Go Where I Send Thee! This was a cool one because it went into 5-part harmony. Then, every single principal chorus alumni that was the audience (there weren't that many) came up to the stage and sang Come and Sing with everybody in the Principal Chorus. Almost a minute later, the Prep Chorus came on and we (the MOTCC Principal Chorus, the MOTCC Prep Chorus, and the MOTCC Principal Chorus Alumni) sang Sleigh Ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment